The Story Til Now
'Growing up' included plenty of rad 70's music, but it wasn't until I heard Metallica's Master of Puppets that I wanted to DO something about music. I'm a metal kid-at-heart, but it wasn't long before I wanted to know more about good music of every genre, and how it all 'works.' At this point, I've accumulated three Masters' of Music (classical guitar, composition, jazz studies), taught guitar and music theory for 11+ years in private and academic settings, and been part of several progressive rock/metal bands. I love what I do, and do what I love!
Achievements & Credentials
- 30+ years of consistent musical growth through experience and education
- Master of Music, Classical Guitar
- Master of Music, Composition
- Master of Music, Jazz Studies
- 10+ years private guitar teaching
- University-level instruction of undergrad-level classical and jazz guitar players; as well as freshman- and sophomore-level theory and composition
- Countless gigs solo, and with metal bands, jazz combos, chamber music ensembles, jazz big bands, orchestra, bluegrass bands, etc...
Let's Get Started!
Think we'd be a good fit? Only one way to find out! Learn more about university-level lessons.
My Music—original works and arrangements for guitar, orchestra, big band, and more...